- How to Explain Content Marketing to Everyone: This primer provides examples of content marketing anyone can relate to and discusses the five key benefits for businesses.
- 10 Most Common Content Marketing Questions: Real World-Insights for Enterprise Marketers: I wrote this eBook as a way to provide current insights into the questions we hear most often.
- Your Editorial Calendar is Not Your Content Marketing Strategy: If you think you have a strategy because you have an editorial calendar, think again. This popular post that explains the difference between a high-level strategy and an editorial plan — and why it matters.
- How to Give Meaning to Your Content: Your why is one of the most important parts of your strategy. If you aren’t sure what this means — or how to find it — I highly suggest this article featuring comedian Michael Jr.
- The One Content Marketing Question You Need to Ask (That May Scare You): If your content sounds too much like what everyone else is publishing, read this.
- How to Give Your Best Blog Posts New Life (Even When Your URLs Don’t Cooperate): If you already have blog posts, you may have an opportunity to save time while improving your results by republishing your best articles.
- 7 Things You Need to Have a Productive (and Happy) Content Marketing Team: If things are quite jiving with your team, see if one of these culprits may be to blame.
Prioritization and Productivity
- Where Should You Spend Time on Your Website? 5 Data-Driven Opportunities: So many web pages, never enough time. Here are some ideas of where you should spend your limited time.
7 Productivity Killers for Marketers and How to Fix Them: How you work is critical to your success. Here are some tips for content marketers.
Get Control of Your Content Marketing Ideas So You Can Take Action: If you have too many ideas — and are feeling paralyzed with opportunity — here is a system that may help.
- 7 Ways to Stop Flailing With Your Content Marketing in 2017: If you aren’t getting the results you desire, this post may give you some ideas and a path forward.
Distribution and promotion
- 17 No-Cost Ways Writers Can Extend Reach of Their Editorial: This is a list of quick ideas that both writers and editors can use to get the word out about their posts.